Monday, December 19, 2011

LGV aka "The Skinning Disease"

So I was sitting is Personal Wellness today and suddenly became extremely paranoid. Holy crap! What happens if I have an STD? I actually decided to become more edumacated and research an STD. I did learn about one particularly nasty STD called LGV.
This particularly nasty STD is transmitted bacterially. Which means you can get it by direct contact with any place that has the bacteria, such as lesions and/or ulcers. So if you choose to be sexually active, use a condom. It is the #1 protector from STD’s besides abstinence. The symptoms of LGV can be mistaken for a rectal infection. The symptoms of LGV are rectal ulcers, bleeding, and discharge. LGV’s symptoms can commonly be mistaken for syphilis and herpes. A very scary thought is that it might take up to 30 days for LGV to show. Once it does show, or even if it doesn’t, you should probably go get checked up at a health clinic. If LGV doesn’t get treated it can cause severe cases of hepatitis, arthritis, pneumonitis, perihepititis and possibly death. Lucky for pregnant woman, the baby will not be affected by the STD because doctors have developed a medicine called Azithromycin to treat it without damaging the fetus. If you are not pregnant, you can take an antibiotic called Doxycycline twice a day for 21 days.

Here's some "great" pictures.










http://www.cdc.gov/std/lgv/STDFact-LGV.htm

Barry Chang

7 comments:

  1. -I learned that the baby is unharmed by the STD.. that's good!
    -Whats edumacated? Also, why is it called the "skinning disease"?
    -Nice "great" pictures! Also nice start to the post! It made it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. goog job, you made an STD interesting.
    i learned that LGV won't harm the baby. so, yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really gross.
    I did not know you could take Azithromycin to treat it (while pregnant).
    Did you really decide you wanted to research an STD? I am pretty sure this was a project, there was no deciding in any of this xD
    *now the real question*
    Is there anything to help treat the skin damage done by the infection?
    Very well done. I like the information. (pictures not so much xD)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned that you should still get it checked even if it isnt showing on skin. Can you die from LGV? I like how you made the beginning very interesting! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the pictures.can LGV take longer to show up? did not know that it can take up to 30 days to show symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned about your sudden realization of the effects of STD's. Scary shizz, rite?
    How do you pronounce "Azithromycin"?
    I like how you had both a penis AND vagina. Way to go the extra mile, Charrybang.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August of 2010. A precious friend told me about Dr Itua Herbal Center in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my cancer and i will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the fees which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure.I told Gomez my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after drinking it for two weeks i was cured I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with cancer to him and that what i'm doing.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Fibromyalgia,a
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes ,Coeliac disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes.
    Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/Whatsapp...+2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete